Admin activity? (1 Viewer)

Sight18

Beginner
so where is it? i don't mean to call admins lazy or something but for real.

pandanaut in the potato map.. people steal tons of rockets me and some other players report them with the calladmin command but no succes :(

i remember this was a fun server... now everytime i join in there are 5/6 people stealing in your team and ruining the game.. and i don't mean stealing one rocket, no but stealing almost every rocket that bleeps to you :(.

few months ago people didnt steal this much... im requesting a bit more admin activity so we can turn this a bit around to a better server instead of a stealing server.

thanks for reading,

SIght

We're currently trying to get an active admin for the Dodgeball server, due to it's recent popularity and the issues that come out of it.

As admins can't always be online, some got work, college, universtity, work, whatever.

Sadly, CallAdmin ain't always helping, an admin can go AFK for 20 minutes, when he comes back to see the reports and come to the server, the reported player doesn't break the rules anymore usually.

What I would suggest, is to record a demo (Google it if you don't know) of the player rulebreaking, upload it (most prefer to upload it to MediaFire), and show the admins. We'll take care of it if we get enough reports (We are not going to ban someone for stealing once or twice).

Also, there are 2 types of stealing you should be aware of:
1. Stealing because: "lolololol I can steal this rocket xD!\"
2. Stealing because otherwise the rocket will kill you

Ron is right. I would like to add that even if I am online at the time of a report, if it is "Rocket stealing" I often do not go there. We get 300 of those a day and when I go there I often do not see anything happening, because some people report if like 2 of their rockets get stolen from them.

But yes, we are looking for an active admin or two who can keep a watch on that server. We have also tried to come up with a few other ideas, so trust me when I say we understand and are looking at the problem at hand. We hope to be able to have a good solution soon.

Evo

EvoWarrior5' said:
"Rocket stealing"
Really? Shall I understand this rocket stealing as when someone deflects a rocket targetting someone else from their team?
If so, getting mad over someone tries to help you and make your team win as a hole, rather than giving you a chance of getting a couple points for a kill seems really, really, REAALLY childish...

PartyCow' said:
EvoWarrior5' said:
"Rocket stealing"
Really? Shall I understand this rocket stealing as when someone deflects a rocket targetting someone else from their team?
If so, getting mad over someone tries to help you and make your team win as a hole, rather than giving you a chance of getting a couple points for a kill seems really, really, REAALLY childish...

So if you're in dodgeball you would like it if some kid sits in front of you and takes all the rockets for himself? It's against the rules for a reason. It's a team game, not "WHO CAN GET THE MOST ROCKETS LOLOLOL".

"tries to help you and make your team win as a whole"

Exactly my point. Why on fucking earth would you have a setup where you get points for winning a round on your team, but all people care about is winning it by themselfes..?

It doesn't even make sence to have others than the one who it's targetting cabable of airblasting it then, doesn't it...

PartyCow' said:
If so, getting mad over someone tries to help you and make your team win as a hole

Hardly anyone does it to help you and as a matter of fact not to help the team, nobody "steals" your rocket when it comes at 160 mph for example. In most cases it's done at the beginning to get easy kills on afks or just because they simply can (if the map is reasonably big like baseball, rockets at 40-90 mph can be easily stolen). Personally I think it's hard to deal with it since if you were to ban every player who steals rockets (regularly, not a rocket every now and then I mean on a daily basis) half the players would be banned.

Taykin' said:
PartyCow' said:
If so, getting mad over someone tries to help you and make your team win as a hole

Hardly anyone does it to help you and as a matter of fact not to help the team, nobody "steals" your rocket when it comes at 160 mph for example. In most cases it's done at the beginning to get easy kills on afks or just because they simply can (if the map is reasonably big like baseball, rockets at 40-90 mph can be easily stolen). Personally I think it's hard to deal with it since if you were to ban every player who steals rockets (regularly, not a rocket every now and then I mean on a daily basis) half the players would be banned.
If it's against the rules, disable others to airblast it and get an afk manager plugin that moves idle players to spectate after 15 secs, problem solved...

PartyCow, I did suggest that we might want to put that in. That only the designated peron can airblast the rocket.

There is a flaw in there, as sometimes a rocket not aimed at you can still hit you because the person who it IS aimed at is behind you or something. Apart from that I think they said that it wasn't easy to code.

EDIT: Yes we need the afk manager back. 15 seconds is too short, though.

Your missing what im trying to say.

i haven't seen a admin online for a long time in dodgeball (when im online).

and always there are people around who steal rockets... and no i dont mean 1 or 2... but people who just keep doing it and doing it.

what im suggesting is to get a bit more admin activity in here...

no admins = a server without rule enforcement
admins = a server with rule enforcement, when there is a rulebreaker again another player can call a admin on steam/skype.

so far i know is that people need rule enforcement in the server... yesterday there was a french guy voicespamming the server and only swearing whenever he died.
and from what i've seen yesterday is that people really wanna enjoy the server, as soon there are 3/4 rocket stealing people playing they will leave slowly aswell!

EvoWarrior5' said:
PartyCow, I did suggest that we might want to put that in. That only the designated peron can airblast the rocket.

There is a flaw in there, as sometimes a rocket not aimed at you can still hit you because the person who it IS aimed at is behind you or something. Apart from that I think they said that it wasn't easy to code.

Well it should be easy to code this. Due to my lazyness I always make the code crappy, but here is what you COULD do:

1. Set all peoples ammo to 19 so they can't airblast
2. Set the one it's targetting to 20
3. After he/she fails/suceed they get 19 ammmo

See? Problem solved lel

PartyCow' said:
EvoWarrior5' said:

Well it should be easy to code this. Due to my lazyness I always make the code crappy, but here is what you COULD do:

1. Set all peoples ammo to 19 so they can't airblast
2. Set the one it's targetting to 20
3. After he/she fails/suceed they get 19 ammmo

See? Problem solved lel
wouldnt suggest this, because the slightest delay in the network connection can f*ck it up, people tend to blast of 5000/6000 units rockets so that means you have 0.25 sec to blast it away again...

you gotta train the people in the server to adjust to the server rules, getting a special plugin will make you admit defeat when you can't defend a serverlaw as administrator.
(in my eyes then)

My opinion is the same as Sight, once there's a mod and some warnings/bans are given it's likely it'll cut off. Limiting the ammo or the possibility to airblast rockets has some flaws, with that code you'd have to forbid the backburner, when there's a nuke it's commonly accepted to steal it because if the target fails you'll die with him, some people just orbit their rocket endlessly and in maps like tennis, trainfalls (horrible map by the way) or any small map you're forced to blast others rockets more than once.

Sight18' said:
so far i know is that people need rule enforcement in the server... yesterday there was a french guy voicespamming the server and only swearing whenever he died.

I did not get a report for this though. Not when I was on.
I usually take reports about Mic spam because they're a lot easier to solve.

We know that we need more admin activity. At first we had only 3 admins, then I was hired just 2-3 weeks ago and Ron 2 weeks ago as well. A few days ago LittleJones was taken in to keep track of the DeathRun server, and now the chance is low that we will not take you in trial as well. Everybody seems to be in favour of you and so am I.

EDIT: When I joined the Dodgeball server yesterday a lot of people were like "OH MY GAAAAH AN ADMIN" so I really see that we need more activity there. But as you understand it's difficult when all the reports are about stealing, which are problematic and very time-consuming to solve. I did tell them that we were hiring a frequent to keep watch there and they were glad about that.

My point is just that if it is such a big problem as some of you are saying, it would a lot friggin' easier to do so than have an admin handle every single case of the issue.

Sure, I can code it to disable +attack2 to whoever ain't getting the rocket, but what if the rocket is in your way, you can't airblast it, and you're gonna die?
It would be very hard (if possible) to detect if the rocket is in a way of someone before it gets to the target, and probably not worth it.

Ron' said:
Sure, I can code it to disable +attack2 to whoever ain't getting the rocket, but what if the rocket is in your way, you can't airblast it, and you're gonna die?
It would be very hard (if possible) to detect if the rocket is in a way of someone before it gets to the target, and probably not worth it.
Well I'm not one to talk up loud about dodgeball, but if you as said have it being this big of a problem, you could aswell toggle godmode on those it isn't targetting :S

This actually sounds like a cool idea.

Oh wait, blocking will become the new CallAdmin report party reason.

Ron' said:
This actually sounds like a cool idea.

Oh wait, blocking will become the new CallAdmin report party reason.
Then disable people being with 32 h/u of eachother lel

Eeh, this is going a bit too far I think.

We could code all we want to, but it would become lame if people cannot get close to each other. An Admin or two for Dodgeball would solve a lot of the problems in Dodgeball. If a good solution in terms of coding can be found later then that would be fine, but toggling godmode and not letting people get close to each other goes too far imo. Also, since rtd is enabled in dodgeball some people can use instant sentry or toxic once in a while. Godmode would ruin this.

Users who are viewing this thread