Declined Addster's NYJB Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addster

Donator
- Your name and/or nickname
The name's Adam, but I go by Addster.

- Your age
I'm 15.

- Who gave you permission to apply?
As of now, NYJB is open.

- Your Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:1:420043634

- Your general online times and your timezone
Due to quarantine, I can be online from 10 AM to 1 AM EST.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
The server I usually play on is NY Jailbreak, which is the one I am wishing to apply for. Other servers I play on are #11 Surf, NY Trade, NY MGE, and #05 VSH. I would definitely visit other servers if help is needed or there is a report.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I have a microphone.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I have had no previous admin experience.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I have no experience with SourceMod but know what most of the commands are.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I started playing on Panda's jailbreak server two years ago and have gathered a very great understanding of the gamemode since then. I know the rules greatly and have gained lots of experience from the game itself. Tending to play daily, I try my best to interact positively with other players and enforce rules even as a regular. My playtime ranges and, if accepted, can respond to calls at almost any time on my schedule. A year ago, I would say me being admin would've been a terrible idea, as I was very immature and definitely not fit for the position. After all this time, however, I can safely say I have matured considerably and know better not to make stupid decisions. I was told by numerous regulars and others to apply and I've finally decided myself. I love playing on Panda servers and want to keep them fun to play on and safe from rulebreakers.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

General Commban Format
1. Warning
2. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
5. Gag/Mute 10080 minutes
6. Gag/Mute 43829 minutes
7. Permanent Gag/Mute

Exploiting
1. Warning then slay
2. 480 minute ban
3. 960 minute ban
4. 1920 minute ban
5. 3840 minute ban
6. 7680 minute ban
7. Permanent ban

Hacking
1. Permanent ban
I will provide proof if required.

Inappropriate spray
1. Tell user to change it via warning
2. Permanent spray ban
This will also apply to people with innappropiate images on decal related items.
Overtalking
1. Warning
2. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
5. Gag/Mute 10080 minutes
6. Gag/Mute 43829 minutes
7. Perm Gag/Mute

General Guardban Format
1. Warning then slay
2. 180 minute guardban
3. 360 minute guardban
4. 720 minute guardban
5. 5760 minute guardban
6. Permanent guardban

Failround, LR denial
1. 360 minute guardban
2. 720 minute guardban
3. 1440 minute guardban
4. 2880 minute guardban
5. Permanent guardban

Intentional MFK
1. 10080 minute guardban & 720 minute ban
2. 20160 minute guardban & 720 minute ban
3. Permanent guardban

Accidental MFK
1. 720 minute guardban
2. 1440 minute guardban & 120 minute ban
3. 10080 minute guardban & 360 minute ban
4. Permanent guardban & 720 minute ban

No Microphone on Blu
1. Warning
2. Permanent guardban

Links and Information
Comms - 3
Bans - 0
Stats
Chatlogs
Sessions

JB Admins
@Sin.
@Gold
@Bambi
@Ranger Ciri
@Semicolon Backslash

Thank you for reading this! If any questions need answering, feel free to DM me via Steam or Discord.

Previous to applying, I was warned by a few people that I was "too toxic" or "too agressive" at times. Noted that I do like to joke around sometimes, but I will always follow the rules, will enforce them to their full extent, and never mean any harm when joking around. I understand there's a big difference between ways you should act as a regular and ways you should act as an admin. If accepted, I would unquestionably change my mindset and act like I should if I were to administer the server. If proof of this is needed, it would only seem fair and my actions can be freely monitored.

Hey, addster and thank you for applying. I'm just going to say this now, I have not been active that much since I am taking a break from tf2 so I have no clue how you act so with that being said, Lets just cut to the chase. I'm just going based off when I last saw you and asking admins how you are acting on the server.

So let's start with your times. The only main issue that I see is the intentional mfk part. We perm team ban them. Other than that it's perfect.

From what I remember on how you were acting BEFORE you applied... I'm not going to sugar coat this but it was quite frankly awful. You were cursing at people left and right saying fuck you in chat ofc after a warning you stopped and I did warn you in steam dms as well when you logged off and that you need to take a chill pill. But since you have applied I can safely say (from what I am hearing from my peers) that you have changed your ways and have turned over a new leaf. And I am honestly proud of you that you were able to turn a new leaf so quickly. Buts a question does raise, did you change because you want to apply? And if you get declined will you go back to your old self? Hopefully the answer both question is no but the good thing is that you changed.

Comms are good Chat is decent. I see that you are warning more and more each day and I do like that.

+1

I appreciate the feedback, Gold!

I touched briefly upon my previous toxic problem in the spoiler at the bottom, but I'll go more into depth because it's a past problem worth mentioning.

Yes, I've deeply realized that I was acting awfully terrible more than a month ago. I was always joking around with insults and even being aggressive towards others sometimes. Although I didn't mean it, I realize now that it was terrible to do. Recently, though, I've learned to stop my bad habits and completely change the way I act, especially on jailbreak. And no, it's not just because I applied for admin. I noticed this way before and was trying to resolve my toxic ways since then. Whether or not I was to be accepted, I'm pretty sure I would never think about changing back to my old form.

Being toxic is not the player I would want to be and I think I would not be a good candidate for admin if I acted the way I did before.

Thanks for your understanding.

Well I had you ignored, so I had no idea this application existed until someone told me about it a couple days ago, thanks!

Overall I see a lot of red flags. You have been a somewhat toxic player in my eyes as gold already touched up on and only recently started getting better, definitely because you knew having that same behavior was not going to get you accepted here. You use inappropriate chat with others a little too much like saying "bitch" and "fuck you" excessively. Sure most of it might just be joking with friends but getting that carried away shows how immature you still are. The warnings you give to people are okay, what I really don't like is how you don't really take it seriously sometimes though. For example instead of just flat out warning something is wrong you say "quit teamkilling lmaooo" "bruh freekill hahaha."

I don't think you are ready for this, and I don't think anyone could change my mind on it yet either. Clear -1 from me.

I have a question to you Addster, and honestly the question is for the admins to see aswell as for you to think about;
I do not know the full story, but as I’ve heard, you get bullied on JB for different reasons. You have talked with some of the admins, whomst talked to the people involved, telling them to back off. How will you handle that if you get accepted, seeing you did not report them for harrassment?
I have been triggered countless times as admin on JB before, but not all of it is valid reason to act against.

anyways, good luck on application regardless!

Hows it going my doodle.

I'd usually just go and do my normal pros/cons thing but just for you I'll skip right to the point. As stated before you had a quick change from generally toxic to what you are now and I'm just not sure if it'll be permanent. While you do seem to be popular among the regulars and you definitely have the activity for admin I just can't +1 a person who went from doing borderline punishable behaviors to Mr. nice guy in only a week.

Maybe if you apply again and continue to show that your change is permanent I may be more willing to +1 but for now its sadly going to be a -1 from me.

Hey Addster, I would like to touch upon what gold said about your toxic past. I do like the complete 180 that you did prior to applying, but it is still quite easy to go back to the old ways. I just hope that you would keep your word and that you will permanently be this new Addster we all like. Honestly, as semi mentioned, it might be a good idea for you to wait a bit longer and show that this behavior change is for good before applying. I’m going to remain neutral on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread