Completed Addition of another VSH map for the VSH server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
I must disclose this just to be safe, I DID NOT make this map, This map is made by Sir Hal for Exclusive use on GWFgaming servers that has been long since dead from around 2015, This map has seen play on many other community servers since then it should be safe to use, if not I can always hunt down the map creator for permission but I do believe there is already a few Sir Hal maps in rotation (Not sure if current rotation ones were meant to also be exclusive to GWFgaming)
This map is also not publicly uploaded anymore, this map was available several years ago, but since then has only be available through server-download from servers like Disc-FF
I can however provide a download of the BSP

I recently managed to dig up a map I used to play on DISC-FF VSH servers when I played there called Tower of Peril. From what I gathered it was a pretty popular map that wasn't poorly balanced and offered a lot of advantages to classes that aren't normally considered powerful, allowing for less soldiers and more demomen/heavies. This was probably one of the most enjoyable maps for me and I think the fact that I found it after so many years is a testament to that.

As you can see from the screenshots below, It's a pretty tall map with a lot of drops and some interesting spots for engineers (but not any that push the boundary of being too overpowered)
I can provide more in-depth screenshots if required, just didn't want to flood this post with too many screenshots at once

440_screenshots_20190119062624_1.jpg

440_screenshots_20190119062607_1.jpg

download.jpg

Edit: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD BSP

Last edited by a moderator:
shiiiiit i remember this map from way back, I think I remember it being pretty balanced and fun to play

From the screenshots it looks intriguing, I'm in favour.

I can picture my engineer nests already. Definitely in favour, I’ll message a few vsh regulars to come take a look as well :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Heather
Thanks Magglet <3

Looks cool, hope it gets played. Sad thing is that nowadays people vote for maps on which Hale usually loses (military_area and barn_night for example). Does this map favor RED over Hale? If yes, then I'll be happy with another new map for the VSH server(s). If not, then I'm afraid it'll be another one of those maps that are never nominated let alone voted for.

Though according to everyone above it seems to have been quite popular, so we'll see

it's not particularly favored to a certain team imo
Tho looking at disc-FF's play count on this map, it seems to be one of the most picked, taking into consideration that they have over 25 pages of maps it seems like it's picked regardless

Saw some other cool maps on Gamebanana you might look at

Thought i'd just add some more screengrabs to the post

Center platform along with the button to activates the jets at the bottom and the jets themselves

440_screenshots_20190119062711_1.jpg

440_screenshots_20190119062714_1.jpg
440_screenshots_20190119062655_1.jpg

Reactions: Madact
Damnit Magglet did not PM me, I guess I am not a regular and can’t say anything about this.

Jokes aside, I remember hating this map. However, I am down to try change my opinion.

I've played this map a bit as well, from what I can remember it's everybody rush to the top where engis build nests in those little confined spaces next to the two ammo packs, or (slightly less used) engis camp in the water after waiting for Hale to run up. This map is extremely engineer-friendly and when deployed correctly is pretty much unbeatable for Hale. That being said, it's kind of a nostalgic map for me, haven't seen it in a looooooong time and part of me thinks it'd be kinda nice to play again so +1

From what I remember, this map is engineer-friendly as Roar told you and it was hard for Hale to go up when there were pyros on top pushing him off.
I think we should give it a rework before even adding it.

I feel like reworking it before adding it is overkill, it's engineer friendly, but it is far from being impossible to win against, or even hard. The small spots at the top center allowed hale to drop infront of your sentry with very little knockback effect, and a perfectly large window to rage players before dropping into it, the roof of the center has pillars with rather strict building placements, preventing sentries being placed too close to the edge allowing for hale knockback and even then requires a lot of setup to get to, which is the case for plenty of maps in rotation currently

I remember playing this map back when I was seriously into VSH. I never had any major issues with it, just found it a bit... errr tight...? Can't find the right word dangit xD

The water was also a confusing factor, along with the boosters. Not necessarily bad, but interesting. I did enjoy the map, so I'm sure the people on Panda VSH surely will aswell ::):

• Friendly
Bumping for Poll

added - will be active upon mapchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread