Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No.

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX

Donator
I am playing alot on the panda servers and it's anoying to hear kid's or others whit voice changer and it should not be allowed because it's just anoying and no where fun. I asked Toom on the mariokart server to turn off his voice changer but Gamberonero told me there is no rule against it.
So here i am and asking you to add this simple rule against it.

Gameserver Rules said:
e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

Honestly I don't think we need a specific rule against voicechanging. The admins have the right to mute somone who's microphone is in a bad quality, or if the persons voice is squeeky.

• Agree
Reactions: :OP: D
Honestly I don't think we need a specific rule against voicechanging. The admins have the right to mute somone who's microphone is in a bad quality, or if the persons voice is squeeky.
There is a problem if you can understand him well whit the voice changer you can't do anything aginst it.
And it should be a normal rule because there are always ways to abuse a lack in the rules...

The thing is, unless it's painfully obvious that a voicechanger is being used, it is very hard to notice.

For me, the current rule statement is fine.

• Agree
Reactions: Kitso
How can there be something wrong with a voice changer itself. I've only heard kids who make their voices more bearable. And the rules already say that a voice can't be annoying etc. as stated above.

Depends on what its being used for, quality and such.. If using to portray extremely high pitch and they won't fix I'd mute, if they constantly changing to annoy id mute, if testing let em do it a bit unless they spam or its overly annoying, but normal convo at an understanding pitch should be fine.

Many my friends, who uses ingame voicechat, are using voice changer because they want to "hide" their personality (sounds pretty silly I know), it's really hard to notice, even other my friends didnt notice that their friends are using the voicechanger. Voice changer is ok, unless person is spamming it , changing a tone very fast to annoy people, which is forbidden (micspam).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread