Declined add weapons to deathrun (1 Viewer)

Add weapons to dr

• yes

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • N O P E!

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope.

hi everyone i think that adding weapons to dr would make it more fun since,

BLUwithout weapons:if someone is bhoping so fast blu cant, get him sure he has speed boost but still if he kills him all the team would have made it near the end.

Blu with weapons:he can shoot the button of the other trap so he wont need to make a chase after him and leave the team.

REDwithout weapons:some maps that has arena in it ex:dr_block and dr_castle steveh the activator has like too much health to rek the red team the only ways to win in block is either backstab him or you hide. in castle steveh is cap the point or stab him or the team would rush and keep hitting him not always useful

Red with weapons:arena would be much easier for both maps and other maps that the activator is op in arena and some easter eggs can be unlocked too ex:dr_Egypt you need weapons to unlock easter eggs there and timetravel you have to hit one of the boats to unlock the easter egg and some maps also need weapons to unlock their secrets but these 2 that i know since i dont like to search for easter eggs that much

Sure not all weapons the explosive weapons wont have ammo

so this is just my opinion. so what is your opinon?

bump

Reactions: Nope.
add weapons, yes but also restrict the ones giving u an advantage such as rocket jumping and all that bs... id say since its a lot of work just restrict every weapon from shooting and slowly add some that can shoot that have no difference on the player (shotgun, pistol etc.) and remove the weapons that give the player special abilities (wingman etc.) or if u can disable that ability would be great too.

I agree with TriiX and Nope. It was the same in HMX, and it was pretty balanced, though some people would try to teamkill in many maps including psykopat using their guns (e.g Shooting an explosive near your teammate and killing him.)

y u no tag me tho :( Its a yes from me as long as we ban weapons that allow players to skip traps

There is more to this than just flipping the switch and allowing weapons. Sure having weapons enabled on DeathRun will allow us to use certain easter eggs that were unavailable before. However most maps have thin walls, on some scouts can already use their sandman to attack BLU. If we were to enable weapons (like the sticky launcher) we should remove all attributes (aka "air dash count" for scout and "alt fire teleport to spawn" for engineer) and disallow the explosion of stickies.

There are many individual weapons we would need to look at, and we would have to write code to disable specific features. That is a lot of work for something so small. That's also the main reason why we haven't done this. There is also the chance of an update happening, that would then temporally break the gamemode because we wouldn't be blocking abilities granted by new weapons.

If possible; call TF2Attrib_RemoveAll on every weapon for every player, and then remove any projectiles created by players. Would that work?

EDIT: And remove all projectiles as I said, so people can't sticky/rocketjump

I completely agree with Stabbin. I would love to see this suggestion in action, if not for the incredible amount of details we need to take into consideration (due to it's complexity and the fact that it would require a lot of work and time).

The server seems fine the way it is with only melees, and while I agree that adding weapons would be beneficial when talking about easter eggs, this process alone would also raise A LOT more problems if not looked too detailed into it. Projectiles, healing weapons, or any unecessary ones for deathrun (e.g. sapper) should be entirely disabled imo, unless Stabbin could work something out and just disable some features on some of them as he mentioned, making it more balanced. And if added, there's also the fact that people would start abusing certain aspects that were missed or unable to find a solution for (and will most likely happen), some of which could be very serious, and the server would turn chaotic. At this point, I can already tell that by adding this, changes in map features should be considered aswell, for example, walls to avoid unwanted kills. I thought of the spinner minigame from the map dr_supermonkeyball. Afaik, there's no wall that protects red's from blu and vice versa.

All in all, if Stabbin or other capable people feel like it's possible to work on this suggestion and volunteer to dedicate their time on it, I'll fully support them and try my best to help out. But since at this point it feels practically impossible, my vote shall be a -1.

Thanks for the suggestion either way.

• Agree
Reactions: Someguy14201
I believe that if the deathrun team are against the idea and that the votes are not at least double to the no I don't think this will be implemented.
Great idea. Could of been something but requires a lot of work, as mentioned by Stabbin.

Just going to decline this, thank you for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread