Declined Add Underjail Back to Jb (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Chermal was planning to remake the map but I'm not sure on the status of that project. Underjail was removed because most the minigames were lackluster or broken. Although after not having the map in the rotation for a while I personally would agree that the map should come back.

Even though the map is pretty broken, I think most people will agree it was fun to play on as evidenced by how often it was voted. While there's not a lot of great minigames, there's enough to consider it a proper JB map, and there were a few decent ones too. The aesthetic and layout of the map was also unique and gave it somewhat of a meme status (along with the fact that the map was broken.)

Assuming others also liked underjail as a map, I think the question we should all ask ourselves is if it's worth having a badly broken and low quality map if that map is also unique and fun to play.

I think @Chermal was planning to remake the map but I'm not sure on the status of that project. Underjail was removed because most the minigames were lackluster or broken. Although after not having the map in the rotation for a while I personally would agree that the map should come back.

Even though the map is pretty broken, I think most people will agree it was fun to play on as evidenced by how often it was voted. While there's not a lot of great minigames, there's enough to consider it a proper JB map, and there were a few decent ones too. The aesthetic and layout of the map was also unique and gave it somewhat of a meme status (along with the fact that the map was broken.)

Assuming others also liked underjail as a map, I think the question we should all ask ourselves is if it's worth having a badly broken and low quality map if that map is also unique and fun to play.
@Chermal you mapper? what the heck

I am indeed still in the process of making a remake, however with all the planned additions and improvements it will surely take a while. Some of the things I'm aiming to do include fixing the performance issues as best I can, adding new minigames, revamping old ones, adding in a new section of the map, fixing the ladders, and adding plenty more nods to the source material
(like the only things it has related to undertale atm is the music, map, textures, name, and a couple minigames aa-)
I estimate it will be completed by at most August of 2022, plus or minus a month or two. Then again, this can change.

don have much to add that you haven't already mentioned. I get it's a broken map that needs a lot fixing, but if ya don't take it all that seriously you can have a ton of fun! personally for me, this map harbored the funniest moments out of any jailbreak map. from that time I killed a panicking by throwing a sandman ball through the glass in soccer, to people getting killed by gaster (gaster was funny i'll uhh try and add that back for some reason he missing in b3 :()
and sweeper

maybe we could add it back for a little? dunno, but it'd be a nice to have it while underjail 2 placeholder name is in the works

Im sorry for closing this short but adding the underjail that's currently releases wont come back. Unless Chermal actually makes the remake, this will never see panda jailbreak servers again. It was too buggy, the Easter lagged everyone, and if it weren't for the stripper file that we have it would be the ultimate point farming map. Feel free to resuggest when the map gets fixed.

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread