Declined Add rule clauses regarding Death Request. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

An instance occurred today in which a RED asked me, "Show me where it says in the rules that REDs have to participate." To my surprise, it doesn't exist. Nor does DR exist at all.

It should be in the rules, somewhere. Some explanation, clarification. Somethin'.

The most obvious one would be that the reds have to follow the wardens orders, if you say they gotta actively make progress its fixed. There really is no need for extra rules.

The most obvious one would be that the reds have to follow the wardens orders, if you say they gotta actively make progress its fixed. There really is no need for extra rules.

Not DeathRun, DeathRequest. x)

Not DeathRun, DeathRequest. x)
?? He isn't talking about Deathrun. REDs have to obey the warden. If they tell you to participate, you participate.

To my understanding, DR is just an arbitrary way to end a round. I don't see any point in making a rule about it.

?? He isn't talking about Deathrun. REDs have to obey the warden. If they tell you to participate, you participate.

To my understanding, DR is just an arbitrary way to end a round. I don't see any point in making a rule about it.

I don't see how he could be talking about death request considering he mentioned the warden specifying to actively make progress, which is progression-minigame specific. Correct, DR is random. Point is, it's the way its done on the server. And it's not in the rules. Anywhere. Hence the suggestion.

I don't see how he could be talking about death request considering he mentioned the warden specifying to actively make progress, which is progression-minigame specific. Correct, DR is random. Point is, it's the way its done on the server. And it's not in the rules. Anywhere. Hence the suggestion.

DR is there to stop the round from delaying so more rounds can be played. No need to add a rule when it already falls under the rule of delaying.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dandy
@Ketteii, Even if it is death request, say they choose obby, the obviously have to do it or they wouldn't be obeying warden. The rule that says they must participate is the rule stated below.

"Prisoners have to follow the newest order even if that breaks the order given before by the Warden.
This also count for Minigames, if the Warden wants you to play a minigame what requires you breaking a order given before by him then you have the right to do disobey that order untill that minigame ends."

That also implies to Death Request, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

@Ketteii, Even if it is death request, say they choose obby, the obviously have to do it or they wouldn't be obeying warden. The rule that says they must participate is the rule stated below.

"Prisoners have to follow the newest order even if that breaks the order given before by the Warden.
This also count for Minigames, if the Warden wants you to play a minigame what requires you breaking a order given before by him then you have the right to do disobey that order untill that minigame ends."

I agree with this, but the only problem I see with it is, warden can't give orders to last person after he'd gotten LR. The only orders he can give are "go to do your LR or I'll kill you (for delaying, obviously)" and "Don't hit me if we're not gonna duel for DR."

Could people stop making a thread for every nitpicking for Jb seriously, there are like 500 threads a week about JB new rules because ppl want to be "smartasses" 5% of these threads are usefull, the rest just ends up in "we need 1,000,000 rules" as stated above, it is delaying.

For example, if warden wants to do obby, you obviously have to participate once warden has given you orders to do so. If you get killed for not doing it, you are being a smartass if you complain cause you were delaying and therefore kos.

As for what the red said, he was being a dumb smartass.

Could people stop making a thread for every nitpicking for Jb seriously, there are like 500 threads a week about JB new rules because ppl want to be "smartasses" 5% of these threads are usefull, the rest just ends up in "we need 1,000,000 rules" as stated above, it is delaying.

If a player were to go ahead and kill the last RED after he's chosen his LR, it would be perfectly fine. It is not stated anywhere that DeathRequest is a valid thing. I am simply asking for it to be explicitly said, somewhere, that DeathRequest exists, and is a thing. If it is not, every time DeathRequest is done, it is round delay. It's a conflict in the accepted server rules, and your response is along the lines of 'so many people complain the rules don't make sense when people have questions about them!'

If it is not, every time DeathRequest is done, it is round delay.
Where's the logic behind that? Obviously outright killing RED is much faster, but it is boring and RED will probably cry about freekilling. DR is a way to get the RED killed quickly and the way they want it since they won. It's the warden's responsibility to not grant a DR that would take too long.
They can end the round however they want (DR, suicide, kill, what have you). If it takes too long, you report them for delaying, simple as that. Adding a new rule about DR makes no sense and achieves nothing.

It's a conflict in the accepted server rules
Would be great if you'd actually point out where exactly the contradiction is and which rules are conflicting and not just say "The rules are conflicting! Change it!"

DR is a way to get the RED killed quickly and the way they want it since they won. It's the warden's responsibility to not grant a DR that would take too long.

Where does it say that? Nowhere. I'm asking for it to be somewhere.

Where's the logic behind that?

It's an antithesis. Sorry if it wasn't clear. As it is right now, there is nothing saying that DR is a thing. Hence the statement. I'm not saying DR is a negative thing. As of now, I can go and kill the last RED, and it'd be fine. Why? Nowhere does it say that a RED must be given DR. Therefore, make it say somewhere that a RED must be given DR.

They can end the round however they want (DR, suicide, kill, what have you). If it takes too long, you report them for delaying, simple as that. Adding a new rule about DR makes no sense and achieves nothing.

I am not asking for new rules to be added. I am asking for ANY statement about something that is accepted and does not exist, DeathRequest as a concept and something that is accepted as valid (need I mention with no source?), to be listed. Ideally, there would be clear guidelines. Nothing beyond that.

Would be great if you'd actually point out where exactly the contradiction is and which rules are conflicting and not just say "The rules are conflicting! Change it!"

"The Warden must actively give out orders and not purposely delay the round."

- Implication: Round delaying is bad!

"Last Guard Kills All means that the last Guard on team BLU can kill everyone without freekilling players.
Players often mentions this to the last Guard to fasten up the round, but be careful since this rule doesn't apply to the Warden!"

- Implication: This rule exists to actively shorten the round! (Another thing that should be pointed out, there is no rule {at least that I saw right now} stating that the LG must actively seek and kill REDs.) (Note, lots of people call freekill at every given moment in the gamemode, particularly during LGKA. People calling freekill isn't, or shouldn't be, a factor.)

- Overall implication that is derived and is constantly touted around to justify action:Don't delay the round through whatever method possible; killing the REDs, killing people who actively detour and delay! And even round sabotage (which I couldn't find in the rules) is against the rules, because of the confusion! ("The Warden's orders has to clear so the Prisoners won't get confused on what the do." {Another implication of round delay being bad! The warden has to be clear so the REDs don't don't waste ten to twenty seconds for every order!})

And then something called DeathRequest comes up; At the end of every round, the LR-winning RED (and last non-freeday) gets to choose a way to die! Maybe a quick melee battle with BLUs. Maybe a quick game of Dodgeball. Maybe a game of Obstacle Course, Deathrun, Sweeper. Maybe a long game like Stairway to Heaven. Maybe a very very long game like Trivia, the slower Fall Games, Crush Game. They can choose whatever minigame they so desire. And this is potentially delaying the round by another three to four minutes. If round delay is such a big thing, so why is DeathRequest fine? It seemingly shouldn't be. This whole concept of DR, which is something not stated in the rules, has no clear guidelines, and no logic behind it, beats an implied and nearly stated rule of "no round delay."

What's the problem with adding three or four lines saying 'DR is a thing, here's the rules about it.'

i guess this sums it up hence i'll decline this request unless i'm wrong then the corresponding jb admins should get in touch with me and i'll add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread