Completed Add ba_jailfort_b1 back. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull

Mapper
This map used to be one of my favourite maps, and still is, I heard it was used to be on Panda but was removed due to couple of problems.
So I fixed nearly all of the problems via the Stripper Plugin, that is only in Deathrun server right now so it will have to be installed to the Jailbreak server too.
Thanks for Semicolon Backslash for reporting some of the problems!

Config changes:
- Decreased edict count via disabling bone followers.
- Increased the distance of rotating entities.
- Fixed being able to survive in the water of steady pace with crouching.
- Fixed being able to survive in the lava of obstacle course with crouching.
- Nine square walls now disappear correctly when game is disabled.
- Added a instant kill hurt wall in the water near bumper kart race to stop chain medics.
- Bumper kart race bridge damage decreased to 1 (Players might get able to teleported to the game while in bridge.).
- Fixed cell doors toggler button being invisible.
- Made piano room accessable to all teams, but added blue filters to armory and medic toggler buttons for hunger games.
- You can now only activate boat if the gate's button has been pressed.
- Now reds only win if boat has reached a certain point while it has reds in it. How orginal worked was, you didn't had to even activate boat, if you jumped over the water in that place, red would win.

Version 3 change log:
- Gave new cell button a name and removed it's hammerid and gave it a blue filter.
- Sweeper stick properly stops with no teleport.
- Made sweeper stick func_rotating to make it properly stop.
- Forced rebel door of armory force close when blocked.
- Removed +use support from the buttons with the filters.
- Added blue filter to bumble beam red button.

Attachments

• ba_jailfort_b1_config_v3.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
- Bumper kart race bridge damage decreased to 1 (Players might get able to teleported to the game while in bridge.).

Curious about how the bridge to mariokart is fixed.
Say if a red is at the button and a blue is attempting to cross the bridge and the red it it, will the blue get teleported into the game or ?

Curious about how the bridge to mariokart is fixed.
Say if a red is at the button and a blue is attempting to cross the bridge and the red it it, will the blue get teleported into the game or ?
They won't get teleported, I used wrong wording there, when the front bridge fully opens the bumper kart trigger will open which it will put them in bumper karts, if a red team member presses the button, blue will have time to cross get out since it won't instant kill them. The trigger for bumper kart as I said, will enable when front bridge fully opens. Otherwise if they don't get out on the back bridge, they will be stuck like this until they die.

Attachments

• 20200402133032_1.jpg
    20200402133032_1.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Happy
Reactions: TWC and Madact
How does the boat escape works now?

I'm assuming as intended here. We're use to going around the medic chain as a part was broken before, but berke has fixes one of the doors? I think reds couldn't access something before...The small room but now they can in this fix.

Correct me if my assumption is wrong.

- Made piano room accessable to all teams, but added blue filters to armory and medic toggler buttons for hunger games.

I'm assuming as intended here. We're use to going around the medic chain as a part was broken before, but berke has fixes one of the doors? I think reds couldn't access something before...The small room but now they can in this fix.

Correct me if my assumption is wrong.
Yes actually for that, but I also added this big boy to stop medic chainers hiding in water. It's an instant kill hurt near bumper kart race.

Attachments

• 20200402122320_1.jpg
    20200402122320_1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 156
Updated the config to switch bridges outputs with the other one so the back bridge has to be fully open closed for the game to start, this should fix being able to get in bumper kart while in the platform.

While I do love jailfort as much as everyone else does, I'd love to see how the changes would fix gameplay. I used to hate it when someone would do hungergames, because everyone would go red and camp bumper karts, as well as chain medic in the water.

It's fun to look back and think about the many great times we had on jailfort, but unless changes are made to make it as less broken as we remember, it should stay out of the rotation until it's fully fixed.

I used to hate it when someone would do hungergames, because everyone would go red and camp bumper karts, as well as chain medic in the water.

It's fun to look back and think about the many great times we had on jailfort, but unless changes are made to make it as less broken as we remember, it should stay out of the rotation until it's fully fixed.

this is exactly what Berke fixed?

Oh my god, when I swapped jailbreak servers, this map was one of the main ones I missed.

Glad to have it back.

Reactions: Mehgend
One of the issues I realised and went to ask Kevin is the stripper plugin was only applied to deathrun, not all servers.

I've put this up though with the stripper plugin link.

Task
#176 Add stripper plugin to eu and ny jailbreak with config fix for jb_jailfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread