Declined Add an /ignore command (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark!

So in my past tf2 experience I've seen that some servers have an /ignore command which has a function that you can't see messages of some people.

There can be some pretty toxic people that you're just done with or people doing something annoying.

That's where you can use the /ignore command and ignore peoples messages, of course it could be disabled on servers like Jailbreak because people could be asking for repeat etc but I think it would be a good command :)

just mute them ingame it works for both voice and chat

just mute them ingame it works for both voice and chat
Im sure the Ignore command is the better option, i think theres a plugin version if you want to mute the person in VC or Chat only or both

ignore commands are so useless. tf2 has it built in, why would you want to mute someone in if you know what they are saying in voice or chat anyways? maybe for micspammers? but they are usually unfunny so why listen to what they have to say?

• Dumb
  • Agree
Reactions: Nowtoad and Chermal
I believe this will help players that want certain players "ignored" easily, however, if there is a way that you cannot do it towards staff, that'd be great mainly cause staff will need to communicate with players when dealing with serious situations.
You have my support.

I believe this will help players that want certain players "ignored" easily, however, if there is a way that you cannot do it towards staff, that'd be great mainly cause staff will need to communicate with players when dealing with serious situations.
You have my support.
You cant ignore admin chat to my knowledge, also this is an ingame feature, try to troubleshoot it not just ask for it, there could be unforeseen consequences to adding it, such as with adding anything.

You cant ignore admin chat to my knowledge, also this is an ingame feature, try to troubleshoot it not just ask for it, there could be unforeseen consequences to adding it, such as with adding anything.
I'm saying this based on if it happens, I'm aware.

Look, I'm not fully against this idea, but the thing is that this will absolutely destroy admins undercover. I know wonderland has this feature and whenever you try to ignore an admin there, it literally prints in chat that you cannot ignore an admin. Even if the admin is undercover it would say that.

The solution would either be to allow ignoring admins or to ignore this problem and still make it print in chat that the person you are trying to ignore is an admin. In my opinion either are bad.

What makes this different from the built in feature? the built in feature does the same but it does not print in chat that the person is an admin, which makes it a bit better.

One solution I can think of is to at least make sure that it doesn't print anything in chat about the admin undercover being an admin, and make it only ignore his vc, but keeping his chat communication enabled so admins always have a way to communicate with the players.

If the solution I mentioned in my comment here does not implemented then my opinion will be a solid -1

If it does get implemented, then I'm in for a +1

• Agree
Reactions: Noirr and Mark!
Look, I'm not fully against this idea, but the thing is that this will absolutely destroy admins undercover. I know wonderland has this feature and whenever you try to ignore an admin there, it literally prints in chat that you cannot ignore an admin. Even if the admin is undercover it would say that.

The solution would either be to allow ignoring admins or to ignore this problem and still make it print in chat that the person you are trying to ignore is an admin. In my opinion either are bad.

What makes this different from the built in feature? the built in feature does the same but it does not print in chat that the person is an admin, which makes it a bit better.

One solution I can think of is to at least make sure that it doesn't print anything in chat about the admin undercover being an admin, and make it only ignore his vc, but keeping his chat communication enabled so admins always have a way to communicate with the players.

If the solution I mentioned in my comment here does not implemented then my opinion will be a solid -1

If it does get implemented, then I'm in for a +1
You can just make a fake print, make it say the same when u ignore a Player lol..? Outsmart the system, smh
Ye okay, you might keep seeing the person write but ehhhh idk, can get changed somehow i think

I'm also not saying that the solution is hard to implement, but I just wanted to mention that this plugin could be literally used as an admin checker tool, since no one else here has mentioned it.

The plugin is open source, people are free to play as much as they want with the plugin's code.

All the convars of this plugins are:

• -sm_ignorelist_version

Registered commands:
  • sm_ignore <target>
  • sm_block <target> (which seems to be the same as sm_ignore)
  • sm_unignore <target>
  • sm_unblock <target>

• sm_ignore_chat <target>
  • sm_ignorechat <target>
  • sm_ignore_c <target>
  • sm_ignorec <target>

• sm_ignore_voice <target>
  • sm_ignorevoice <target>
  • sm_ignore_v <target>
  • sm_ignorev <target>

• sm_unignore_chat <target>
  • sm_unignorechat <target>
  • sm_unignore_c <target>
  • sm_unignorec <target>

• sm_unignore_voice <target>
  • sm_unignorevoice <target>
  • sm_unignore_v <target>
  • sm_unignorev <target>
I've tested this plugin and it seems to allow ignoring admins, I did not try this with sql admins though, it could be that it only disallows ignoring sql admins.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread