Declined Add a command to disable/enable bunnyhopping on deathrun. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Heyyoo

Few people I know on the server said it would be nice to have an option to disable bunnyhopping.

Although I'd recommend to also add a bhop ban command for people constantly skipping traps via bhop instead of banning them for x time.

Thankee!

Just a question. Why should bhoppers be banned for skipping traps? I thought this was the intended purpose. I thought that bhopping was implemented in the first place to give skilled people some kind of reward.

@LUKE.

1. What is the true meaning of this rule?

Players who use bhop and manage to jump entirely over or around the trap in a way that the player on the blu team can't catch you on it is skipping. Meaning you can use it to gain a certain amount of speed, strafing to trick death into activating the trap, go in and out of the trap area and even rush the trap (will be explained later on).

In other words, even if we’re talking about a really good player on the blu team, with really good reflexes, and he’s able to activate the trap once a bhopper is going over or around it but can’t catch him on the trap, then it’s skipping.

For example, a bhopper that’s about to go through, lets say, a pit long enough for players to not be able to jump over it without bhop, and the blu player activates that trap before he even reached it. If the bhopper is fast enough so that the jump started before the trap is plenty enough for him to be able to reach the other end without having the need to land on that trap (making it impossible for the blu player to kill him) then it’s considered a skip.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Stabbin and LUKE.
Cool beans...But again who is going to do this? Is there a pluggin out there?
I cannot task this up if we don't have something to go off other than an idea.

Cool beans...But again who is going to do this? Is there a pluggin out there?
I cannot task this up if we don't have something to go off other than an idea.
Other bhop plugins have bhop enable/disable command, so editing plugin (adding such a command) shouldn't be such a big issue. What bhop plugin deathrun servers are using?

private one.
Then it's up to you and devs here. Many people like bhop but also many would want to play without it. Adding such a command would attract more players.

I think adding a "bhop ban" would just make things more complicated, it'd almost be like guard bans (which is quite messy atm). Unless it can be easily trackable on something like sourcebans, this could take alot of work to get done (not to mention that players probably won't be able to check their ban lengths if it's not on sourcebans). Apart from that I think it'd be a good thing to allow players who skip traps can still play except without bhop.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
I think the easiest way for this is adding a command for players that would simply change their max bhop velocity to 0||1 on OFF and standard value on ON value.

Thank you Nikola for looking into this, even though you're not sure what the server uses.
As for applying some sort of bhop ban? Since the poll is more towards toggling rather than this ban concept, I'll skip this. I would think it would also require work, as you'd need something to keep track of the bans.
If this suggestion though is completed, you can then re-suggest that.

However, with Kevin not willing to share this, it's going to have to be up to him on this to look into it. Since it's rather overwhelming the results, I'll pop it up. But don't expect this to be a promise or for it to be done.

Edit:Declined due to shift is decision later on:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread