Completed add #9 deathrun fakefreerun rule clarification (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scudi37

Donator
Hi,

Recently some players asume that making fake freerun isn't allowed, but most of the staff team says that it is allowed.
Rule page don't clarify that.
Please add official statement to rules, to make it clearer for everyone.

Cheers

The rules don't say anything against fake free runs. If someone says they aren't allowed and call they are then call abusing and risk getting banned.
Since alot of this kinda shit has happened on jb in the past I will say clear how to reply to certain calls people make.

"An admin said it isn't allowed" - Even if they did it doesn't matter the rules don't say so.
"Admin said its now part of the rules" unless you see a change log saying specifically it's against the rules its not.

There you go

Normally you don't write in the rules what *is* allowed unless it's a specific exception. Generally, if something isn't in the rules, it's allowed. I could see in this case, though, that people might consider fake freeruns to fall under the definition of griefing. If that becomes a problem, it wouldn't be unwarranted to add a note in the Deathrun rules specifically that fake freeruns are not considered as such.

It's one of those things where I feel like it should be clear to people either way (like come on, *who* falls for fake freeruns and blames literally anyone other than themselves), but then again rules aren't written for people who can figure out every acceptable or unaccaptable behaviour just like that.

The rules don't say anything against fake free runs. If someone says they aren't allowed and call they are then call abusing and risk getting banned.
Since alot of this kinda shit has happened on jb in the past I will say clear how to reply to certain calls people make.

"An admin said it isn't allowed" - Even if they did it doesn't matter the rules don't say so.
"Admin said its now part of the rules" unless you see a change log saying specifically it's against the rules its not.

There you go

I only just properly processed this. Please tell me you're not saying that if someone heard from an admin that something is allowed (and if this can be proven) that you'd still ban them for call abuse. No, it doesn't make it a rule automatically, but a player cannot be expected to trace the ruleset on every little thing an admin tells them. It's a very reasonable way of thinking to go along with what an admin told you. If I saw a user appeal a ban for call abuse by showing an instance where an admin told them the thing they called for was against the rules, I'd accept that appeal instantly and clarify the rules for the admin in question. (Assuming of course I'd be in a position to do any of that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

• Dumb
Reactions: Magglet
I am not saying, that the admin should ban them. I said they are at risk of getting banned. Context would be applied its just a statement thats true in some cases.

Sure, if it currently makes people confused about it then we should add a clarification that faking freerun is allowed.

• Agree
Reactions: Caspie and Stabbin
Most people on the server have no problem with fake freeruns but then you have some who dont know that and make a call for it. so a clarification would be nice so everyone can know that its allowed. Imo a fake freerun shouldn't be a problem since after the first trap people will know its not a freerun anymore but a fakefree

• Agree
Reactions: Caspie and Stabbin
I generally dont see a problem with it either, sure sometimes there are a few calls coming in for that specific reason but normally after explaining it people understand it.
Enforcing it would make it hard if no admin is present when it happens as usually the round ends before we can investigate.
A simple message appearing from time to time would just do fine.

I've added the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread