Access to more classes, purpose of jump_rush (1 Viewer)

Redux

Hello, seems like this server's forum category is pretty much dead so I thought I will revive it with some of my suggestions. ;)
First one is unlocking more classes. It would be nice to try completing some maps with classes like Engineer, Pyro or Medic with Quickfix. You can play engineer but it's not possible to place a sentry.
Second one is about a map called jump_rush. As far as I have noticed, there is only one small and easy jump puzzle that can be completed in a few minutes. Assuming that this map doesn't have much to offer, I suggest removing it from the server ot at least shortening the time of this map to like 30 minutes max.
What do you think? :)

• Informative
Reactions: Redux
I have never played on panda jump but I have played on jump servers, and i fully agree with you! Engi pyro and medic should ofc be playable and I don't see why they aren't.

I have never played on panda jump but I have played on jump servers, and i fully agree with you! Engi pyro and medic should ofc be playable and I don't see why they aren't.
Because
1) Jumps maps aren't designed with those classes in mind
2) Things such as teleporters/dispensers/sentries may disturb people who just want to jump normally.
3) Pyros can often only do the first few stages(and they even need an enemy for that)
4) Why someone would "jump" (aka. just follow some jumper) with a quickfix is absolutely beyond me.

The only real suggestion here is to remove jump_rush because the map is way too easy(even for beginner jumpers) and thus just a waste of time. Oh and force everyone to go BLU/RED because why the fuck would I want to fight someone on a jump server.

why the hell would you play medic at an jump server?
if you want fun you should've join mario kart

Because
1) Jumps maps aren't designed with those classes in mind
2) Things such as teleporters/dispensers/sentries may disturb people who just want to jump normally.
3) Pyros can often only do the first few stages(and they even need an enemy for that)
4) Why someone would "jump" (aka. just follow some jumper) with a quickfix is absolutely beyond me.
1) It doesn't mean that at least some of those maps cannot be finished with other classes.
2) I have never seen a jump server on which Engineer's buildings would disturb anyone.
3) Of course Pyros need an enemy player to help with jumping and even then they can't reach everywhere. But even with that, rocket jumping with Pyro might be really enjoying.
The fourth one is just forced...

why the hell would you play medic at an jump server?
For the same reason someone would play soldier/demo ;)

C'mon, why don't we at least try it out and see if other players like it? As far as I have noticed, the Jump server is one of those Panda-community servers which most of the time are empty - providing more ways to play there might help, especially because most Jump servers simply allow playing as other classes.

1) It doesn't mean that at least some of those maps cannot be finished with other classes.
I never implied that, though if a jump map is not intended for a class there are a lot of ways to "cheat" certain jumps quite easily. If you want to play some obscure class you might as well do that offline.

2) I have never seen a jump server on which Engineer's buildings would disturb anyone.
That's easy, just join a jump server that allows engineers.

3) Of course Pyros need an enemy player to help with jumping and even then they can't reach everywhere. But even with that, rocket jumping with Pyro might be really enjoying.
"Oh look I can't complete the first jump, I'M REALLY ENJOYING MYSELF HAHA FUN FUN". You're also a guy who likes being "friendly" while "playing" pubs eh?

Okay.

The main reason people play jump maps is to improve their jumping skills(it's amazing, I know). Why any medic would want to improve his "quickfix jumping skills" is beyond me again.

C'mon, why don't we at least try it out and see if other players like it? As far as I have noticed, the Jump server is one of those Panda-community servers which most of the time are empty - providing more ways to play there might help, especially because most Jump servers simply allow playing as other classes.
"most of the time empty", allllllllllllllright..

3f34bb5874.png

Reactions: mermite

Users who are viewing this thread