Declined About the warden, jb. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ciri

I personally think that doing !uw in the middle of a match or disconnecting if you really need to and informing everyone should be fine and if someone else wardens theirself right after (5-10 seconds or something after the !uw) and taking over as warden should be a thing. I really don't see why this isn't already allowed.

Disconnecting ok why not, but !uw no. You were chosen and that's all. !uw in the middle of the match is simply absurd even more than at the start. The player chose to play on the blu team well he must be ready to be a warden.

• Dislike
Reactions: Vecomti
Even if the person was ready and everything, but example if the currect warden got a phone call or something that wouldn't last long, I know it's not okay but these occasions don't happen often. I mean disconnecting in the first place is almost just as bad just that one of them is more for like when something will take longer time and that you probably won't come back for the next round.

if you have an important call why not, but how can we know ? And if he picks up the phone off this important call, he should go to spectator or disconnect.
I think that the rules concerning the !uw are fine just now, if we change that it will be largely abused.

So far as it looks as if !uw would be permanently disabled in the long run anyway.

Reactions: Wolf
lol what nazis would take !uw so seriously? Just let them !uw in the middle of the round if they have to. Seeing as every BLU should be able to be warden, replacing him shouldn't be a problem, right?

lol what nazis would take !uw so seriously? Just let them !uw in the middle of the round if they have to. Seeing as every BLU should be able to be warden, replacing him shouldn't be a problem, right?
Problem with this that, while cell doors are open, its acceptable to replace a Warden. However a dead warden or !uw'd one during a round means freeday.

If a warden dies, fine, freeday. Telling others you're gonna leave or need to do something then either doing !uw or leaving should be fine if you don't do it constantly. Taking over as warden in these situatins should be allowed

I'm a bit late on this because of time zone differences, but here's what I think. !uw shouldn't be removed since there are times in the beginning of a round where a warden does not have a mic and they !uw. While it is unacceptable to be on guards without a mic, it's a good idea to keep the !uw command so that rounds are not wasted, just as Ciri/Sarwan mentioned.

yes that's allright but doing it in the middle of the round is pointless, if one must go afk or can't be warden, he must join the spectator team or leave.

Didn't actually think about that, that going afk isn't allowed in the BLU team. So just scatch what I said about !uw being allowed at some points, but I still don't understand why doing !w in a small time limit in the middle of the round after the pervious warden has notified everyone and left isn't allowed.

Problem with this that, while cell doors are open, its acceptable to replace a Warden. However a dead warden or !uw'd one during a round means freeday.
Do you mean while the cell doors are closed? And what kinda dumb rule is Dead warden or a !uw warden means freeday?

Do you mean while the cell doors are closed? And what kinda dumb rule is Dead warden or a !uw warden means freeday?
Ah sorry, made some mistakes in what i said there. So the current rule is:"While the cells are closed, a new warden may be chosen if the old one decides to !uw, kills himself or leaves the server. !uw however is not advised as every blue played MUST be able to play warden and willing to do so." So, while its closed they can do whatever they want, however when its open, and the warden dies, !uw's, .... Its a freeday. Think of it like this, rebelers work towards killing the warden to get a freeday and turn off the full crits for the blue team. If people were able to just !w when the old warden dies or !uws, rebelers would be pretty fucked since the only way to turn off the full critz of guards is to kill the warden.
In my opinion they could change it so that the guards can !w if the old warden dies or leaves, but crits would have to be turned off to make it more fair for rebelers.

Why this whole discussion?

To awnser your question Sarwan: !uw wasn't even a thing in our server before a update got released for our gamemode.
From that point I requested to remove the command to prevent confusion but yet we are at this point where people often discuss why !uw is forbidden while it's in the server for longer then a year. (most reply this when I explain why !uw is forbidden)

You need a working microphone on the BLU team and need to be ready for your turn as Warden.
Are you going to eat soon? Waiting for a important phone call? Please join the Red team if this is the case.
Leaving as a Warden will result in a Freeday or in other words: Failed round, Admins will punish players for failed rounds.

I personally don't mind people noting they are busy during when they are warden(Mid way, don't get me wrong) cause I can just force someone else to be warden.

Thing is though what if no admin is on? What if no one else is willing?

Really the person should be on red if he/she is expecting to leave soon.

This wasn't expanded on after my comment so I'm declining this.

But I highly suggest revisiting this once the new rules are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread