Declined About sm_hug and sm_kiss (1 Viewer)

Add command

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeprus

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
These two commands urgently need an option to be disabled for oneself. I personally do not want anybody to use these commands on me and consider it harassment. Right now there is literally nothing that can be done about it except for banning the players, which obviously is way over the top but it's the only solution available.

All I'm asking for is the ability to toggle being targetable by sm_hug and sm_kiss.

I have banned people in the past for using those commands besides being told that the target does not want it and will continue to do so if no other solution is created.

I'm sorry, but is this a joke? Those commands just hug/kiss people with a simple message in chat. Hell, it even has a cooldown to prevent spam. I have personally never seen anyone complain about the commands at all, but this seems really damn stupid. Is it really hard to ignore chat, people always do it when I'm trying to tell them rules.

I'm sorry, but is this a joke? Those commands just hug/kiss people with a simple message in chat. Hell, it even has a cooldown to prevent spam. I have personally never seen anyone complain about the commands at all, but this seems really damn stupid.
It is not a joke, I do not want to get hugged or especially kissed by strangers. Not even in roleplay. If they knowingly continue to do so it is extremely disrespectful on a personal level.

It is not a joke, I do not want to get hugged or especially kissed by strangers. Not even in roleplay. If they knowingly continue to do so it is extremely disrespectful on a personal level.
Well, I suppose you do you.

There are many people who dont like being hugged or kissed ingame, and for a good reason that it can be annoying to be kissed by some random person you dont like or even know. I personally like hugs in game (not particilarly kisses) but why not let there be an option for those who dont. If you want to be hugged or kissed, just dont disable them

• Agree
Reactions: Brick
To be less hostile, the toggle idea is a great idea. A few times while I was in 'hiding', I've been hugged/kissed and I was done revealed. A toggle would be great for admins who are trying to catch that MLG Spinning Sniper who gets all those headshots.

This has been a problem in the past, where a user has been gagged / muted / silenced for spamming or disruptive behavior, in which the only thing they can do is use /me, /kiss, and /hug to continue to annoy the admin. If anything, I think a gag should also cover these commands because these commands can be used to simply annoy the admin who issued the gag.

Locked the thread before any of you get any more triggered for no good fucking reason.

This thread is a suggestion to add a toggle to disable the hug/kiss commands on yourself, which IMO can be useful not only for admins that want to be stealthy but for people that simply don't want to be hugged/kissed, it is not about punishments nor is it about being mean to people that simply don't like the commands.

Thread will be unlocked later today.

These two commands urgently need an option to be disabled for oneself. I personally do not want anybody to use these commands on me and consider it harassment. Right now there is literally nothing that can be done about it except for banning the players, which obviously is way over the top but it's the only solution available.

All I'm asking for is the ability to toggle being targetable by sm_hug and sm_kiss.

I have banned people in the past for using those commands besides being told that the target does not want it and will continue to do so if no other solution is created.

i mean, i disagree with removing those commands. i dont know if its possible, but i cant see why not you couldn't make it that zeprus and the people who don't want this don't get it, i mean there is no harm done in making it a toggleable option

• Agree
Reactions: Teddi and Redspike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread