Declined A word on spoilers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

An0n

It's pretty much known to everyone what spoilers are, I don't think it needs to be explained. However, the communication rules currently in place don't cover this topic, making it pretty much "allowed" to spoil stuff such as movies and series. For instance, with the release of the new Spiderman movie and the built-up hype around it, people getting spoiled is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Therefore, I suggest making this a punishable offence. It may not be hate speech or offensive language, but it's still a dick move to ruin the experience of players who are there to have fun by spoiling something they may have wanted to see.

• Dumb
Reactions: vinny
In that case it should be enforced with some restriction; If it's obvious that they are spoiling with intent to ruin the experience for somone and the movie/show was recently released then sure comm-block might be in place. But don't go slapping mutes on everyone who discusses the plot of any movie or TV-show.

I also think this is something for the spam clause rather than offensive language.

I am not entirely sure if this is a good idea. Is it even a recurring problem with people intentionally spoling on the servers?

• Agree
Reactions: Chermal
I remember when stuff like the game of thrones script leak, or when endgame/infinity war came out a lot of servers I was in banned spoilers.
Its been done before on loads of stuff like subreddits and discords sooo who knows.

I know it sounds dumb but gold has a point, spoilers for it are everywhere.

• Happy
Reactions: Gold
1643396096380.png

Based on poll results, Declined.

Reactions: Gold and Fredo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread