A stupid question (1 Viewer)

Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
This is pretty obviously a map exploit but some people say it isn't so I'd like a definite answer.
Not just a way for me to prove a point :rolleyes:
So on the map ba_jailfort_b1 you can reach the boat area by having two medics usually with the quick fix exiting from that random exit next to trivia and looping around the race track to the pier. Normally you would have to hit all the black panels (which you shouldn't be able to do since one is in a blue side area)

If you don't know what is the boat area/pier here is an image of the place and a demo showing the path to get there

b787f36cc49770aa0f13eb32448e406d.png

Attachments

• lemonade.dem
    966.4 KB · Views: 351
Yeah can we get some info on this, would love to know

It technically should be, since that's not the intended way the mapper wanted people to access the pier, but that can be said for the MK Bridge and I don't believe that we ban for killing people using it. Honestly the whole map is a mess, with poorly designed lava in Obby and Water in Steady Pace etc.

IMO it should be classed as an exploit, along with the MK bridge, but since that's the only way to get to the pier, It shouldn't be classed as an exploit. However the MK Bridge should be..

It technically should be, since that's not the intended way the mapper wanted people to access the pier, but that can be said for the MK Bridge and I don't believe that we ban for killing people using it. Honestly the whole map is a mess, with poorly designed lava in Obby and Water in Steady Pace etc.

IMO it should be classed as an exploit, along with the MK bridge, but since that's the only way to get to the pier, It shouldn't be classed as an exploit. However the MK Bridge should be..
True, it’s hard to kill a red or blu using the MK bridge but easier for the boat glitch. A good sniper or any sniper could kill them

I like map idea, but it simply isn't polished. For one, that exploit is easily doable so big oof. It sometimes has even ended the round. But then again, if you're not supposed to get into that area of the map, why can you interact with it? Sometimes the gate has even opened up so it's fairly obvious the map creator has intended players to somehow get over there, but its a lot more tricky than maps like chrieten (or however you spell it) where you press 3 buttons after walking a long way and ending the round completely after escaping. At least it isn't that.

There is also the lava exploits in some various parts of the map, mainly the first trap in steady pace. But I feel like overall the map is good (as long as nobody is too smart when it comes to being sneaky with the maps weaknesses), it's playable and has been playable for a long time without too many issues.

As much as I agree that going around the boat should be a form of exploit, it can be countered with a blue engineer, who can actually put a teleporter through the boat dock gate in a specific place. So the engineer can attempt to kill the reds this way. Then again that itself may be exploiting given you aren’t supposed to go through the gate any other way then the breakable boxes.

So I was looking at jailfort’s gamebanana and it seems the commentor also saw the mk bridge exploit the medic survives in water exploit as problems and also according to the post jailfort is getting an update this year.
In case you want to see for yourself https://gamebanana.com/maps/194352

• Informative
Reactions: Mehgend and Dandy

Users who are viewing this thread