Accepted 9 hour guard ban. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

SourceBans Ban URL: I don't know how to check for guard bans.
Name of your Banned Steam Account: tw oyob
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:51455103
Date and Time of the Ban: Couple days ago, maybe Thursday last week? Don't know.
Reason about the Ban: Armory camping.
Admin that Banned you: @Roar
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I was in armory for 10 seconds. I was waiting for reds for 6 seconds, in a situation where if I left the armory, they would have time to enter and rebel. I received a 9 hour ban for waiting for REDs for 10 seconds. I don't think this is camping of armory, nor do I feel that the punishment is appropriate to the time spent actually violating the rules, thought I have been told this second point is misconstrued.

Last edited:
From what I remember, you were in the armory for much longer than 10 seconds. I was waiting outside the armory for around that time & you were still there by the time I went in. After killing me for entering the armory you proceeded to stay inside for a longer time. Not sure if there's any evidence or demos of the situation, I didn't record one myself but I'll leave the thread open if there's any more feedback somebody can give. If there's nothing within a couple days sorry but I'll have to decline this.

Thanks,

Audio removed to hide my mechanical ass keyboard, breathing like a fucking mong due to allergies, and muttering to myself post-ban.

Entered 9:09.
(Got health and ammunition until 9:06, which is a valid reason to enter armory considering the warden was killed moments before.)
Rebel enters 9:02.
Killing the rebel takes until 8:57.
Upper entrance opens 8:57. When I see no one is immediately coming in, I try to leave.
Attempt to leave 8:56, door opening delays my exit by one second.
Out of armory by 8:54.

The initial waiting was due to the first RED going atop armory. You can see by the flick at 8:45 that I was not certain what class this RED was. If I had gone atop armory, there is a chance they would have broken in by that time, and I would be putting myself and other BLUs at a greater risk for no reason.

I was in armory 'camping' (waiting for REDs) for a total of 7 (or 4) seconds, otherwise attempting to perform the best that I can in said circumstances. I was in armory for a total of 15 seconds.

(If the first RED atop armory was a non-Spy and non-Scout class, they would have opened armory sooner. At the time of the warden's death, I was focusing on the rebelling Spy, not the freeday obscured by a pillar in my peripheral vision. This is why I checked later, at 8:45.)

@Roar

On a side note. The video also includes my interest in becoming an admin for the server. I've been a regular on the server since mid 2017. Being punished literally moments after expressing this interest in helping the community that I love is very discouraging, and really hits me hard.

Last edited:
Added you on steam to get this sorted. I'll most likely be on the server tonight if I catch you there too I'll remove the teamban.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread