Duplicate 2Fort afk kick? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisuku

Howdy howdy y'all I was wondering about the possibility of adding a kick timer to the servers so players cant reserve slots by AFKing in spectator for like 20+ minutes. It sucks when people are trying to join but get dropped due to slot reservation, then when you go to check scores there is like 3+ people who have been afk since joining the server

I hope this post makes sense, if not i can try to explain better in the comments

• Agree
Reactions: Flynt, koe and An0n
I think there was talk about this back when it was debated whether +right/+left-ing was against the rules or not as it is another way of hogging player slots.

At the moment, the only real way to get rid of players is by admins removing them manually by kicking them from the game. We wait ~8 - 10 minutes before kicking AFK players when the server is full or pretty crowded.

However, as unlikely as this addition may be, it would be appreciated to have, at least from an admin's point of view: it saves us from having to constantly keep an eye out for people AFK in spectator for long periods of time, and it also makes it less personal as it is the system kicking the players in question and not an admin (some people like to complain about being kicked for being AFK when they are hogging player slots).

All-in-all, I'd be all-in for this suggestion.

Reactions: Aisuku
I'm personally all for fairness and people being treated equally, a script or system put in place would remove admin bias accusations from any persons kicked for afk reasons, it isn't fair to the people who want a community to play with instead of server hopping.

I'm somewhat new to panda in my honest opinion because it's never been a thing this one's focused on before the bot crisis got so bad as these recent months. Personally I'd love for more people to have the opportunity to have genuine fun with a casual based community server and group such as this one.

I try to keep opinions and suggestions to my self as to prevent arguments and controversy in all honesty but when I've seen people having to ask active players to leave so a friend can join it's upsetting y'know?

Apologies for the rantish post

• Agree
Reactions: vinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread