;\ (1 Viewer)

Bambi

Donator
Hello everyone

I would like to take this time to give a shoutout to a beloved member of the community and a dear friend of mine, @Semicolon Backslash. This has nothing to do with birthdays, resignations, or any particularly important event. I want it to be as genuine as you are.

If you aren't familiar with who I'm talking about. Semicolon is a member of our jailbreak server and is currently a gameserver admin. He also serves as a mapper/coder, providing new content not just for panda but also other jailbreak communities to enjoy in addition to fixes within the tf2jail plugin. Whether anyone has noticed or not, Semicolon has spent hours upon hours to improve the overall experience of the TF2 community as a whole when it was never asked or required from him. He's gone out of his way to please the requests and suggestions of members in our jailbreak community by creating maps and helping implement other suggestions into our server that most people wouldn't be capable of doing. When people had questions or problems, Semicolon is always one of the first people to stand up and also go out of his way to aid people in need. Above all else, Semicolon has been a good friend of mine. So now I want to be an even better friend and leave you this, thank you pal.

If not for Semicolon, I think I would not be a member of this community today. I remember sometime back in 2019 being frustrated with the overall direction and status of jailbreak with updates being heavily delayed, admins acting out of line, the server generally trending downward in overall popularity eventually reaching a point where it was completely dead, only having players on the weekends occasionally. I remember around this time Semicolon stepped up and started learning hammer and coding, after a few months he launched jb_orange and jb_8bit. Around this time our jailbreak server started gaining interest with some old and new regulars alike, and suddenly the server was active again. I don't want to be THAT guy and point fingers because frankly it was due to alot of peoples help, but I want to give big credit to Semicolon because I know not alot of people have properly thanked him for his contribution and dedication going above and beyond to help. Even today especially. Whenever a map is completed, a suggestion involving tinkering the plugin, any testing/fixes are needed and completely by him, I feel the community has started taking this kind of work for granted including me. So, I want to make it known how Important you are to the community here because I know I've neglected to show otherwise.

Thanks for reading my feedback.

What a cutie.

Reactions: Flynt
Everytime a Jb suggestion happens everyone waits for Semi to basically give us the green light that its good to go, Jb definitely would not be the same with him and I would like to say that your work has not gone unnoticed, Thank you for your unbridled attention to the wellbeing the mode and server, Your dedication to the maps you make and the quality you distill into your maps. Love ya Semi

I was not expecting this at all.

I’ll just say I was just as annoyed as you were with how little new content was being added at the time and that's really what pushed me to try and turn things around. Jailbreak as messy of a mode it is, is something I enjoy playing and creating for and even when I nearly resigned back in the Fall due to all the stuff happening in real life I decided against it for two reasons, 1. because everyone else was resigning and I don't like adding to the problem and more importantly because I knew I would just come back a few months later anyways since I never grew tired of jailbreak and even missed it (idk maybe some would call it Stockholm syndrome). I'd like to finally thank you all for your kind words and @Bambi for even thinking to create a thread like this, really means it buddy.

Now about that funny purple contributor role......

What I appreciate is that although he can be funny and goof around a little, he always seems to know when to compose himself and act serious, which I feel like many people should also learn to do

• Friendly
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
Even though he kidnaps hot guys with cute voices he’s a great person and mapper and a great friend ❤️

• Happy
Reactions: ballsack

Users who are viewing this thread