24/7 Dodgeball Hit reg/Lag spikes (1 Viewer)

Squall

Is there any fixing the hit register? There are many times I have an orbit with a rocket and it'd be in the front of my blast and I explode due to missing it.

Also, is there any way to solve the lag spikes? It seems it has been more prominent here recently. Is the cache for the server making this happen? If so can we reduce the cache? Or does it cache at all?

I know altering the dodgeball registry might cause issues but if the ratio of the ball is so needled (hit box = small) then it might reduce server progression. Mind you, I'm not complaining. I'm just addressing an issue that several, several people have been pointing out during their playtime.

Anyways, just wanted to address those issues/problems that have been noticeable. Even the speed of the rocket has seemed to be a bit off.

If you are needing any logs of people stating there are issues I'll collect those and share it. But, ill leave this here for the administration to figure out if it's the rocket/player/server issues.

:wise: Thanks guys.

As far as I know, all issues related to hit register or lag spike problems are caused on the client's side due to their awful internet or just bad FPS. It could be DDoS attacks on the servers causing packet loss but who would do that 24/7 without ANY progress.

If you have a decent net speed, I mean over 5Mbit/s upload and download then these commands may help you:
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66
rate 60000
cl_interp_ratio 0
cl_interp 0
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0

This changes your lerp to the lowest ammount possible, if you don't know what lerp is, I suggest giving this a read.

• Useful
Reactions: Squall
@Lighty, 0 lerp is best lerp :kappa:
I only use 3 commands to change my lerp to 0:
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 0
cl_updaterate 9999

And by the way, @Squall. Changing your lerp isn't for everyone, 'cause it effects your game-play. Whenever I suggest 0 lerp to my friends, they try it for a night or two, but end up changing back to the default, 'cause they're frustrated of not being able to hit any rockets above 130. When I first tried 0 lerp, I could barely hit any rockets, but after a few days I got accustomed to it. If you're ever going to change your lerp to 0, remember to be patient. It'll be frustrating at the start, but it's definitely worth it at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread