Accepted #23 & #7 MGE Admin App (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixxi0us

Hey!

Username
Pixxi0us

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:85980395

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

Link to your Sourcebans record
Source ban record

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
n/a

Server to are applying for:
#23 and #07

General online times & time zone:
GMT+1. Currently online during mid/late afternoon onwards!

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes!

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
Im currently an admin of Mannco.Store, Mannco.trade and Validmy.ID! There I am responsible for user support, staff applications, giveaways and resolve internal issues between staff.
I have also owned and managed a competitive mix discord server where I was handling reports of player abuse, griefing, and a few of people cheating although, those were rare!

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
First of all I will just present myself considering I was never much active on this forums page though, that will change as I am now a lot more active here and playing as well.
I'm 20 years old, from Portugal! Been around the TF2 community for multiple years, starting from a casual player, to a successful tf2 trader and then a competitive player with multiple seasons played on ETF2L. Along my journey I started to become more competitive in this game and casual was not fun for me anymore so I started to play a lot of MGE. Not initially on Panda servers as I would usually just pick a random server that had any players on and then found the panda community! Not only has a server that is pretty much full all the day but also has a website and a discord server where people can actually meet and talk about the games or any other subject that they wish and this is what I like about Panda, having an active and friendly community outside the servers that can actually have a decent conversation other than the toxicity that all MGE servers have that we all are well aware of!

I'm very active on these 2 servers, specially the 23#. I usually tend to play in short sessions multiple times a day! As I started to play more I started to realise that every single person has their own playstyle, either playing normally to win or just using troll loadouts or playing cancerously (counter jumping, shotgun denying, etc etc). Nothing wrong with that as everyone play how they want to, however a lot of people don't like it and start being toxic in chat, spamming the mic with offensive slurs and all sort of imaginable things creating a bad environment in the server. During my game time I don't think I ve ever seen an admin on, so I believe with my high availability and presence I would be able to put some order in the server by at least warning some users or take the necessary action if needed.

I would also want to highlight that I can stay professional no mather the ocasion, even if I have issues with someone in specific I will not let that make me take any sort of unnecessary/exaggerated action against that person (eg, ban, kick or gag).

Hope to not have missed anything here. Thank you for your time!

I would like to add to my answer on "Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:"

I have recently been accepted as league admin on ETF2L roughly 1.5 week so even though it might not add that much, I now have some experience on handling issues during matches, conflicts between players, etc.

Thank you!

• Wow
Reactions: _Black
Hey Pixxi0us, thanks for applying. :)

First off, we definitely & desperately need people to admin especially the MGE servers, given the rampant toxicity MGE seems to generate.

But the impression I am getting from your app is that you try to insert yourself into far too many positions of 'leadership' at the same time, so you can't possibly invest enough time per day into all of them to be worthwhile to those communities. Beyond that, I also find your application lacking anything that makes you especially suitable for us. Why should we pick you specifically?

Re. your ETF2L admin role: if I understand correctly, you are currently a Trial admin, not 'accepted as League admin' as you stated.

That's a -1 from my end.

Hello ash! Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it!

Let me clarify a few things!
I wouldn't consider that im trying to "insert into far too many positions of 'leadership' at the same time," . Firstly I applied for mannco because I had a friend working there and since the site was new at the time I didnt mind give him a hand there! The app that I sent to etf2l was like 4months ago so I wasn't expected to be accepted either and coincidentally I received a message from the head admin a few hours past after submitting this app! And yes my mistake trial admin!

A few years back I was also an admin on a few trading servers, servers that I was active most of the day! I like to be there and help or warn the users if needed. The server got shut down a few weeks after!

I have plenty of free time, I work as network marketer so basically I work from home, I might be off for some days but that´s not a usual thing. At least in my perspective admin etf2l and mannco only takes me 1h of my 5-6 fully available hours a day! Like I mentioned above Im very active on those servers (#7 and#23) and I see what's going in there and I also realised that they aren't many admins active on those servers or at least when im playing (last and first time I saw an admin it was you actually) so having an admin actively playing in the servers during the day would be a great help for the community and take a few work out of the other staff hands!

I think the biggest concern here that you mentioned might be the time and I understand! Regardless of any other taks from other sites, house chores or any other personal things, I can always guarantee 1-2 hours every day moderating the servers and forums, with having even more time during the weekend.

Hopefully this clears any doubt. If you have any other questions I would happily answer to them.

Thank you!

That's all the feedback we need. Even if it is a negative vote overall, we will still review.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

accepted, welcome in the team - your mentor during your trial phase will be @Waxel
should you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Reactions: Pixxi0us and bap!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread