Declined 193.38.251.7 admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:168310711

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

Link to your Sourcebans record

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
N / A

Primary servers + servers you could confidently join in case of a report.
Could join other servers of similar nature (being tf2 with few modifications)

General online times & time zone
EST
Active in morning and evening

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)
Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)
Admin of NectarESC esports org

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)

I don't usually apply for positions like these, but I have spent a decent amount of time on this server and quite enjoy it. It frustrates me to no end when players who are blatantly cheating or posting hateful content are not dealt with in a timely manner, and upon finding out there are no dedicated admins for this server it only made sense that I would try to fill that. It is about the only server I play outside of scrims and matches, and perhaps one of the only populated hightower servers thats lacking in major gimmicks. I want to be able to preserve this experience, and don't want this server to die because of overly toxic individuals and hackers able to have free reign over the server. In terms of policies and punishments, my lowest tolerances would be with slurs and blatant cheaters, whom would be punished in accordance with the global Panda Community rules. My threshold for "toxicity" is generally more lenient, and I think generally trash talk is ok unless it is to the point of discouraging new server players to rejoin the server. For an example, I don't usually do the "hoovy" bits of TF2, which often attracts some angry responses. I think this is ultimately harmless, unless it moves into the territory of slurs or other hateful speech. As a long-time player of the server, I generally have the context to know when something is merely light-hearted trash talk or something that may result in negative responses to the server. I am also much more cautious on people that are "suspected" of hacking, and I would prefer to have overwhelming evidence before punishing. I truly despise how many admins seem to go on power trips on servers, and besides the case of hate speech and blatant hacking, I would prefer to be "better safe than sorry".

As a final note, I would like to add that this is a response to the lack of admin presence on one of my favorite servers, rather than some moral desire to be an administrator. If my application is rejected, I strongly urge you to expand someone's responsibilities to include this server.

I know there's at least 2 admins taking calls from us hightower but these two other admins have lives and other servers to keep watch over. A lot of the hacking that we're unable to handle happen past everyones bed times! Usually hours people who don't spend their sleeping hours on a computer just to admin a panda server.

Assigning more admins when none of them get paid and are volunteering their time, sounds unreasonable to demand admins to do things they do not wish to do. All gameserver admins have powers on all servers. As for trials, we've started asking assistance on other servers for those who are interested but not a lot are. Most want to stick to their server they play on and that's perfectly fine.

You've at least made an admin application but we have a section for player reports where, with evidence, a gameserver admin can punish players who are breaking rules. Yes with hacking cases it's 'too late' as action is required there and now but this is the best thing you can do as a player to help the server in case they come back.

I don't see anybody actually giving feedback for your application other than me and I don't publicly give feedback on each applicant. Only thing I'll say is I would of liked to see at least one example of a punishment stack. Your suitable candidate though is a good. Something I would like to see more admins adopt when admining on servers.

I hope that I find the time to come on and play for a bit though my ping is terrible on US hightower. If not I'll have to ask those two admins if they've seen you on.

I'll lock this up for under review as it's nearly been 2 weeks. If you have any pending inactivity coming up or questions please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread