Declined #09 Admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark!

Your name and/or nickname
My IGN is Mark and my real name is Mike

Your age
Retracted

Current playtime on relevant server?
4d 10:35:42h

Link to my Sourcebans
Bans
Comms

Who gave you permission to apply?
@Furken

Server you are applying for
Deathrun #09

General online times & time zone
Monday to Friday I can play from about 4pm to 10pm, on Saturday and I can play from around 12am to 12pm. My time zone is UTC+1 Central European Time.

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes, I do not use it on #09 because I don't feel the need to.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I do not have any

Do you have experience with SourceMod?
No, but I am willing to learn

What would you make a suitable candidate?
I have played a good amount of time on the server, I am active on the forums and creating reports, I always issue a warning before reporting (Except if we're talking about cheating or racism) and I use the command !call. I would like to help out the admin team since #09 is one of the biggest servers in the panda community and I don't think there are enough admins right now. I'll be able to answer most of the call admin for the #09 server during the specified time if I'm online.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
After seeing a rule breaker, I would inform them via a warning that they're breaking a rule twice. If the player decides not to stop I will give them a punishment.

Racism, Toxic, and Micspam, chatspam will be given an gag/mute with the following time:
  1. 720 minutes | 12h
  2. 1440 minutes | 24h
  3. 4320 minutes | 3d
  4. 10080 minutes | 7d
  5. 43200 minutes | 30d
  6. 99999 minutes | Asking a full admin for perma gag/mute
Delaying, Exploiting, Favouring will be given an ban with the following time:
  1. 720 minutes | 12h
  2. 1440 minutes | 24h
  3. 4320 minutes | 3d
  4. 10080 minutes | 7d
  5. 43200 minutes | 30d
  6. 99999 minutes | Asking a full admin for perma ban
Inappropriate sprays/ Objectors

Rulebreaker will be warned that their spray or objector is inappropriate and is gonna be asked to change their weapon. If they refuse or ignore I will kick them and ask them again to change the weapon/spray (Also remove their spray if possible). If the rulebreaker keeps spraying his spray I will issue a sprayban.

Cheating

I will always punish a cheater with 99999 minutes and than ask a full admin for permaban.

Useful links

My profile
#09 HLStats
#09 Chatlog
Sourcebans bans
Sourcebans comms

Thanks for reading and have a nice day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mark
To start on your app i have seen you on the server multiple times and you do warn people about rulebreaking but despite having 4days on the game i still think really knowing how some rules work on the maps might be a little early to say for now. Having for me imo at least 10+days and played more or less all maps to see what they are about and how they work in way gameplay/rulebreaking might be a good base to start. Next up be the punishments i wanna have a talk about that at first sight it looks good but for permanent we trials can use 0 for gags/mutes only thing we can't do is perma ban that you wil need a full for. Now for the sprays we insta sprayban when we see a NSFW spray there is no need to warn that person for it since it should be base knowledge that these are not allowed on the servers. Now for your age i know it looks kinda young and you might have some hard times keeping people in check. also some might think your chat would come over as a bit immature but that does not mean it should be impossible to be a proper admin. If you listen to advice from other staff or your mentor then it should come around just fine.

But for now as it stand you know the base rules yes but i would like to see more activity on the server and get more used to the maps and more advanced rules on the server.
Il stay Neutral for now and let the rest of my team get their point on this app. My opinion might change later on so goodluck for now.

I've received a lot of feedback but they seem a bit shy to post or they are using this week to check you out on deathrun. I've given the deathrun team an extra week. Either the 11th or 12th I'll be closing this application to be put under review so by then you should have public feedback.

@Nikola @Furken and possibly @Stabbin

Reactions: Mark!
Hi hi

Firstly the good, your session are very good, you're warning rulebreakers and your chat looks OK. Your application is well written and the punishment list is good. You've made 48 more hours on since you've posted your app which a significant improvement. As already explained trials can permagag and mute, they just can't permaban and unban. About the sprayban I only do it instantly if there's something absolutely disgusting like gore, otherwise I warn once or twice before issuing it.

Now the problems, 2 of your reports have been declined. First the one I have declined that was about skipping. As I said on the report there's no need to be so strict on skipping like we are on racism. Second report was about the "exploiting" as already explained there it wasn't and the player just got stuck and waiting for the motivator to kill him. Also even though warning is a positive thing, your chatlog is in ~70% warnings.

I do believe all these flaws are fixable but right now I'll still stay neutral, leaning towards -1 due to the fact that your wrong report was posted 10 days ago but I also don't exclude changing into +1 later on. Good luck!

Hello Mark

Thanks for applying, now speaking about your application I have nothing to add since the structure and punishment list is fine, so are your sessions and enforcing of the rules.
Most of the improvements you can do have been already said by Nikola and Solar above. Though as Nikola mentioned about your 2 denied reports, its important to know for what people should get reported for and in which case it can be prevented, thats in my eyes the only issue with your application.

Since I've been told that you currently are not able to play because of certain circumstances I will include this factor and remain neutral but leaning towards +1 until you pick up again on activity and implement our feedback.

There are some glaring issues here that I feel the admins above are ignoring, not taking seriously, or simply just not aware of. I'm here to try and help clarify them.

Your warnings on the server are vague, unclear, and can be easily misinterpreted in the wrong manor. I'll give some examples. "don't exploit" "don't skip" have absolutely no explanation you would have to assume especially for newer people on deathrun still learning all the mechanics, maps. "please don't delay" "please don't spam" come off as a personal issue you have, not the server rules. These warnings should be better explained and defined for people to be given a fair chance before reports or punishments start getting handed out. Which brings me to my next issue.

Chicken brought up a great point earlier which was unfortunately deleted for some reason. Quite a few of your reports are unnecessary and some of which could of been avoided entirely had you given a better heads up to these players. It seems like you are more concerned with your own numbers and looking good here rather then actually being a person who wants to keep the server clean in my opinion. Forum reports should be used as a last resort if you can't get control on the server, not for boosting your odds on an application.

Other issues I and others have with mark is him backseat moderating, manipulating admins, and attempts to make private reports on US jailbreak. I won't provide any example here, that can be shown in private. The DR admins are free to contact me or another admin from that server for more info.

Anyways mark sorry, I feel like this mostly stems from immaturity at a young age more than anything else. Hopefully you found this feedback to be beneficial.

I was hoping that @Mikey would post their feedback by now as they stated they where a dedicated admin for deathrun but I won't keep this up any longer than it needs to.

We've got the feedback we need. I'll put this under review.
Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. I know you have all ready though so ::): Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread