Accepted 『A WILD ADMIN APPLICATION APPEARS』 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valen

Username
Valen. Or Valenkryst. Or Bunny. Or any of my equally as bad names, but everyone at least knows me as Valen.

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:167927762

Your age
I'm currently 18 years of age.

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
11d 13:20:54h. This is also from after panda switched from Gameme a while back. I had over 30 days of playtime before that. I have no idea how to prove this, but I thought it should be known.

Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans Comms Most of these are from pretty far back.

Server to are applying for
Unsurprisingly, US Jailbreak.

General online times & time zone
I can be online at most times, provided I'm not asleep. These times are usually from 12 pm to 12 am. My sessions should show this, I believe. My timezone is GMT -5, and this of course changes to GMT -4 when time changes in the spring.

Do you have a working microphone?
Of course. Those who play with me know I'm quite vocal.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Nothing in-game. I do have real life experience however, and if asked I will elaborate further on this. (It's a tad silly, though.)

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
This is always the most difficult part. However, I'll give it a go: When it comes to games in general, I don't get mad at all. I am by no means a rage gamer, to say the least. I've also been on panda for a fairly significant amount of time- hell, look at when my account was created. (I remember when ZeroPC played jailbreak >:)) I have real-life "administrating" (I was in a poc in jrotc lol) experience, but those may or may not line up. Given all my time in the community, I feel like I know the rules like the back of my hand. (Though, my.. er.. history may not reflect this, I'm aware.) Generally, I've been pretty involved in the community and have made a fair amount of friends. Personally, I feel like, after all this time in this community, it'd be worth trying to step up and attempt to go for admin. I'd actually enjoy to help out the community in a better way, while trying to be a good person in the process. When it comes to actually administrating, I'm not exactly that hard on people. I understand simple mistakes, though if it's major in terms of game-ruining-ness or harassment, a much harder stance will be taken. I will once again point to my level-headedness. I feel as if it's best not to take things too seriously.
There's also the fact that a decent amount of people have recently stepped down in the community as a whole, so I feel as if I'd be willing to take up their stead.

I'll also mention my past: It's been a bit rocky, to say the least. As you can tell from my amount of punishments. I won't give too many excuses, however I'll say that I think I matured slowly. I've been playing in panda since I was 13, and you may notice my punishments becoming further and further apart with time. I've already appealed all the punishments that that brought (of course, I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't.) I'll just say that I think I've finally made it to the point where I've matured enough and stable enough when it comes to receiving punishments.

Punishment Times

From, uh, experience, I feel like I'm well acquainted with these times:

For things such as Spam in Voice/Chat, Racism, Ghosting, and Toxicity (I prolly forgot a couple) it will follow these lines: 1 hour, 3 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, and then perm. A bit different compared to other admins, however it follows the sort of tiers that they all seem to follow.

Exploiting: I'll be honest, not too sure about these. They're proper bans, so can be a bit more harsh in my opinion: 1 hour, 1 day, 3 days, perm. If you intentionally exploit this many times it's on you as well.

Cheating: Permanent ban, provided they're actually cheating. Also would be forwarded to my mentor.

NSFW Sprays: Warn, and then sprayban.
For JB Blue-specific punishments, they are as follow:

For NON-MFK-Freekills: 2 hour guardban, 4 hour guardban, 8 hour guardban, and then a permanent guardban. If you somehow managed to freekill 4 individual times AFTER these punishments, you've basically done it to yourself.

For MFK: These punishments come with both a teamban and a proper ban, so: On the first (as long as it's intentional) time, it'll be a week long guardban. If someone plays for a week (time spent in-game, I will add) they might just be reformed. If it happens again, it is a permanent guardban and a proper month long ban. I think that would be fair.

That should cover the lot of it.

Previous, highly embarrassing admin application that makes me nigh suicidal.

SALUTATIONS

『PRIDE THE FLAREON』

-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hello Pride the Flareon, I’m probably the only guy who anticipated this application since we talked and joked about it several times before this and honestly it made think about.

I’ve played with and interacted with you since day one of me joining Panda, You were actually the first guy to welcome me into here.

Your attitude is pretty lax and most likely will adjust with your role as we’ve seen time and time happen with experience-lacking applicants, As you’ve said your JROTC experience is pretty silly.

Ill leave the criticism of your punishments and their numbers to fulls since they’re alot more experienced and knowledgeable but at first glance I can see that its quite lenient but its not really wrong to have lenient punishment times, it all depends on how you deal with the players,
Pride.

And now that we’re in the topic of dealing with players, I’ll say that you’re quite one of the vocal members of the server, I’ve seen you warn players throughout my time and you report rulebreakers so thats a plus.

Regarding your previous punishments, I can see that they’re quite old except a recent comm block that you’ve appealed so thats that, ruling that out your oldest one is in 2018.

With that all outta the way, take my +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Valen, Thanks for taking your time to apply.
Jokes on you @Vecomti its not salutations anymore get lmao'd haha!

- In the past and if I recall correctly, you were mostly toxic and your behavior wasn't exactly the brightest. One example was when I warned Walfools when he was encouraging a pyro to bait you fell on the same line and joined him and complaining that he wasn't encouraging rulebreaking. Although that being said I'm glad you left your old attitude and after our conversation I felt a little bit passionate. But I cannot prove you change your behavior yet so I will start joining and monitoring your chatlog so that your old habits don't come back.

- Your punishment time is fine. Nothing to write about except for the teambans. I'll remind you that teambans are based on server time and not IRL time. Lets take this 1 week guardban. Its literally gonna be a permanent guardban since nobody can grind up 7 days of playtime so you are better off perm-guardbanning those MFK'er.

- Nice that your giving warnings but heres a little advice. Try to better yourself in the habit by telling the rulebreaker that they could get banned/gagged/muted/guardbanned if he/she continues to break rules. They would most likely to stop what they are doing since they are aware they are breaking server rules and doesn't sound like a you problem only. I'll give you a bright example why.
[ADMIN: Don't capspam] will always beat out [User: Don't capspam]
You aren't admin yet and people won't take your warnings seriously. Try saying around the lines of...
[User: Hey (Person), try not to capspam on this server because you can get gagged for it.]

- Sourcebans wise doesn't look the cleanest. The only latest one is by Asper which you basically said a racial slur and appealed. Although that being said don't let the sourceban count weigh you down. I'll say this again if the jb team sees you on a good behavior then you have a pretty good chance getting those positive votes.

- Other than that you are starting to do some reports which is nice. I need to see you more on the server before I can give my vote. This is just giving you general feedback first so that you can improve on what I said. I'm gonna abstain my vote now but I will be happy to chance my vote once you improve your mistakes.

VOTE:
||| NEUTRAL |||

• Friendly
  • Love
Reactions: Vecomti and Valen
Yo Valen, Thanks for taking your time to apply.
Jokes on you (kek) its not salutations anymore get lmao'd haha!

- In the past and if I recall correctly, you were mostly toxic and your behavior wasn't exactly the brightest. One example was when I warned Walfools when he was encouraging a pyro to bait you fell on the same line and joined him and complaining that he wasn't encouraging rulebreaking. Although that being said I'm glad you left your old attitude and after our conversation I felt a little bit passionate. But I cannot prove you change your behavior yet so I will start joining and monitoring your chatlog so that your old habits don't come back.

- Your punishment time is fine. Nothing to write about except for the teambans. I'll remind you that teambans are based on server time and not IRL time. Lets take this 1 week guardban. Its literally gonna be a permanent guardban since nobody can grind up 7 days of playtime so you are better off perm-guardbanning those MFK'er.

- Nice that your giving warnings but heres a little advice. Try to better yourself in the habit by telling the rulebreaker that they could get banned/gagged/muted/guardbanned if he/she continues to break rules. They would most likely to stop what they are doing since they are aware they are breaking server rules and doesn't sound like a you problem only. I'll give you a bright example why.
[ADMIN: Don't capspam] will always beat out [User: Don't capspam]
You aren't admin yet and people won't take your warnings seriously. Try saying around the lines of...
[User: Hey (Person), try not to capspam on this server because you can get gagged for it.]

- Sourcebans wise doesn't look the cleanest. The only latest one is by Asper which you basically said a racial slur and appealed. Although that being said don't let the sourceban count weigh you down. I'll say this again if the jb team sees you on a good behavior then you have a pretty good chance getting those positive votes.

- Other than that you are starting to do some reports which is nice. I need to see you more on the server before I can give my vote. This is just giving you general feedback first so that you can improve on what I said. I'm gonna abstain my vote now but I will be happy to chance my vote once you improve your mistakes.

VOTE:
||| NEUTRAL |||

Thank you very much.

Yeah, when it comes to teambans I wagered that if someone stayed online for 7 days of playtime they basically earned for it to go away, and are likely reformed.

I usually give warnings on mic so doing it in chat is a bit weird for me ngl

My gags and sourcebans are shitty, and I kinda mentioned them throughout the application. I've been clean on bans for a long while, and my comms are pretty bad too. Can't say much about my one with Asper besides I appealed it. Can't do all that much there. I've just managed to avoid them besides that one for the longest while, so I hope it means something.

Honestly, reports aren't the moooost foreign to me. I've done a few in the past, I just usually go in to an admin's dms and tell them what's going on, just figured y'all would appreciate seeing some substantial reports.

Once again, thank you for the feedback!

• Informative
Reactions: TRGGB2
I'm going to be honest I never thought you'd apply but here we are.

First off I think TRG sugarcoated the whole warning thing too much.

1640048689131.png

1640048694805.png

These would be garbage warnings for even admins to give out, a warning by a non admin shouldn't be a robotic "don't spam" but it also shouldn't sound like you have a personal problem with that rule they broke as that will most definitely encourage them to break the rule more.

I do see some insults in the chatlogs as well nothing too bad just maybe tone down bullying banana perhaps, even if it is a joke, jb players are like "monkey see monkey do".

I've done a few in the past, I just usually go in to an admin's dms and tell them what's going on,
Really great thing you do that I rarely see people do, keep doing this.

Overall I think the punishments can be overlooked especially the 2017-18 ones.

Other than that I really don't have much else to say about you, I think you would be fine with some polishing +1

I'm going to be honest I never thought you'd apply but here we are.

First off I think TRG sugarcoated the whole warning thing too much.

View attachment 20499
View attachment 20500

These would be garbage warnings for even admins to give out, a warning by a non admin shouldn't be a robotic "don't spam" but it also shouldn't sound like you have a personal problem with that rule they broke as that will most definitely encourage them to break the rule more.

I do see some insults in the chatlogs as well nothing too bad just maybe tone down bullying banana perhaps, even if it is a joke, jb players are like "monkey see monkey do".

Really great thing you do that I rarely see people do, keep doing this.

Overall I think the punishments can be overlooked especially the 2017-18 ones.

Other than that I really don't have much else to say about you, I think you would be fine with some polishing +1
I'm gonna be real with you, yeah, I'm utter garbage at giving warnings in chat. I mentioned prior that I just usually do it in vc if it needs to be done, but it's hard to get proof of me doing it there so I figured you'd want some logs)

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given. I can definitely say that mine and Banana's relationship is just friendly teasing and we both do it to each other. I should in-general tone down my insults, even if I don't really mean most of what little insults I have.

Thank you very, very much for your response. Your and TRG's criticism are valid, and I'll work to fix them.

Hey Valen, With the recent action of betraying me. I will have to fucking -1001.01 your app.
Nah just kidding.

After playing with you for a while I can finally prove your old attitude is now long gone. The main concerns with this app is now gone since you have definitely taken what Semi and I taken. Take my +1.

VOTE:
||| NEUTRAL ||| ---> +1

Hello Valen,

Lets start with talking about your 7 comm blocks you seem to not really care that you could get punished for some of the stuff you say, one example I can recall is you calling scootyman a pussy during LGKA, yes I know you and scootyman are friends but I do not feel like that admins should be calling other users pussys. A thing with your warnings, saying "lol" after them or laughing doesn't really work for getting people to stop as they seem less serious.
1640762750681.png
1640763018758.png
1640762983391.png
With everything being said here I would like to see improvements before I can give a real answer so as of now im Neutral.

Reactions: TRGGB2 and Valen
Hello Valen,

Lets start with talking about your 7 comm blocks you seem to not really care that you could get punished for some of the stuff you say, one example I can recall is you calling scootyman a pussy during LGKA, yes I know you and scootyman are friends but I do not feel like that admins should be calling other users pussys. A thing with your warnings, saying "lol" after them or laughing doesn't really work for getting people to stop as they seem less serious.
With everything being said here I would like to see improvements before I can give a real answer so as of now im Neutral.
Yep, yep.

Thank you for taking time to write a response!

About the warnings thing- Yeah, it's a bad habit of mine. The whole "lol" thing is to try and keep things not-entirely-serious, since that isn't and has never been my thing. You can see that in the few examples you pulled up- The Kiddo thing was actually my LR on map change, which is really the only reason why I stuck it there. I gave him shit about it the starting round in a joking way, because he was "lr denying" by talking.

All in all, I'll work to improve! Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread